A 38-year-old man has been arrested, following a huge drug bust in Grande Prairie.At around 9 p.m. last night, RCMP executed a search warrant leading to the seizure of guns, drugs and money.- Advertisement -Corporal Carol McKinley says, police seized 5.5-pounds of marijuana, 90-grams of magic mushrooms, three handguns, three rifles and over 85-hundred dollars in cash.Drug trafficking and firearm charges are pending.
FORT ST. JOHN, B.C. – The Fort St. John Chapter of the ALS Society held their second annual ‘Walk to End ALS’ on Sunday, June 2.Over 200 walkers met at the corner of 100 street and 100 Avenue to take part in the Walk.Walk Coordinator, Audrey Jones, says the walk went really well, managing to raise close to $44,000 from this year’s walk.- Advertisement -“It went really well, actually. We ended up raising, I think there’s still money coming in, but we ended up raising $43,963.”Out of that amount, Charlie Lake Elementary School managed to raise $12,000 in funds.The event featured food, music, games, raffles, and activities for the entire family.Advertisement All money raised from the Walk goes towards helping support patients, families and caregivers that are fighting ALS.
“We know that this match is very important to us because if we have to progress we need to win. We have prepared very well for this game and we will ensure that we leave Kenya with three points,” skipper Juma Abdul said ahead of the fixture.The last time these two sides met was in 2015 during the CECAFA Kagame Cup in Dar es Salaam with Gor Mahia ending up 2-1 winners. But since then, things have changed, including personnel on both sides.Juma is the only surviving member from that squad with the other, Kevin Yondani failing to travel alongside Hassan Kessy due to a contractual stand off with the club’s management.Assistant coach Juma Mensah meanwhile expects a tough duel from the home side but remains confident that his charges have prepared better for the game and will be in a good frame to vie for maximum points.Yanga assistant coach Juma Mensah addresses the press during their pre-match briefing at the Moi Sports Centre Kasarani on July 17, 2018 before their game against Gor Mahia. PHOTO/Raymond MakhayaThe match will be make or break for Yanga as a loss would dampen their hopes of making it into the knockout phases.“Coming into this game, we know that every team has a chance to qualify and it is a very important match. We know we are coming up against a good side which is also looking to qualify but looking at the way we have prepared, we are ready to face the resistance and have a positive result to help us qualify for next stage,” the tactician said.He added; “We watched Gor Mahia during the SportPesa Super Cup and we also watched them at the Kagame Cup. They are a very good team and we know their strengths and weaknesses. We will be ready to face them.”Yanga passed on the opportunity of playing at the Kagame Cup and have had a three-week rest period which sees them approach the much fresher compared to Gor who have played six matches within the last two weeks.Nonetheless, Mensah does not believe that will place them at an advantageous position, especially noting K’Ogalo are playing at home.Young Africans (Yanga) players line up before their SportPesa Super Cup match against Kakamega Homeboyz at the Afraha Stadium in Nakuru on June 3, 2018. PHOTO/Timothy OlobuluMeanwhile, the team says they will not be deterred despite a few off-pitch matters affecting them including two key players, Kevin Yondani and Hassan Kessy failing to travel for the duel due to a contractual stand of with the management.The team has also not had the best of results on the pitch, but they say they are ready for a turn around.“We came off a period whereby we had very good results over a period of four years. But it is normal all over the world. There are times you are up and others you are down. You can’t be up all the time. But we know that we can turn things around with a good result against Gor Mahia,” skipper Abdul noted.0Shares0000(Visited 4 times, 1 visits today) 0Shares0000Yanga players training at the Moi Sports Centre Kasarani on July 17, 2018 before their game against Gor Mahia. PHOTO/Timothy OlobuluNAIROBI, Kenya, Jul 17- Tanzanian giants Young Africans (Yanga) have vowed to leave Nairobi with maximum points when they take on record Kenyan Premier League champions Gor Mahia in a CAF Confederation Cup Group D clash at the Kasarani Stadium on Wednesday evening.The Tanzanians sit bottom of the group with a single point gained from their 0-0 draw with Rayon Sports at home while Gor are a point above them at second from back to back draws against Rayon and leaders USM Alger.
2 David Ginola shares something in common with the whole of England: he wants the Three Lions to join France in Sunday’s World Cup final.The Frenchman, who earned 17 caps for Les Bleus, told talkSPORT that the history shared between the two nations would make for a ‘fantastic’ occasion. France are already there after edging past Belgium, and England can reach the final for the first time in 52 years with victory over Croatia tonight.Ginola told the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast: “France vs England would be fantastic because of the history.“I’ve been listening to ‘Three Lions’ for so many weeks now.“France vs England is the nicest final you could get. Going back through the history of England and France, then having a battle on Sunday between both countries after Brexit and everything – there is something very special in the air. 2 England can join France in the final France edged past Belgium “I would love to see Gareth Southgate and Didier Deschamps sitting on the bench on Sunday, thinking about lifting the trophy.”Besides the context and the history of the two nations, Ginola also paid tribute to the young talent both squads possess.He added: “If you look at the French squad and the England squad, there are young talents there that can lift a whole game and it’s very interesting to watch.”Join talkSPORT for live commentary of England’s first semi-final for 28 years tonight from 7pm to see if Southgate’s men can make history.
Stubbs, previously manager at Hibernian and Rotherham, was appointed boss of the Paisley side in June following the departure of Jack Ross to Sunderland.A statement from St Mirren read: “Careful consideration was given to this decision and the search for a new manager will begin immediately.“The club would like to thank Alan for his work during his time in charge at The Simple Digital Arena and wish him the best for the future.“The club will keep supporters informed as new arrangements are put in place and thank them for their patience and ongoing support.” Saturday’s 4-1 defeat at pacesetters Hearts means only Dundee – who Stubbs’ team beat on the opening day of the season – are below St Mirren.Their next match is a home game against champions Celtic on Friday, September 14.Stubbs, a 46-year-old former defender, made nearly 500 appearances in an 18-year playing career with Everton (twice), Celtic, Bolton, Sunderland and Derby. 2 Stubbs has been sacked by St Mirren The tough-tackling defender enjoyed spells with Derby and Everton 2 Alan Stubbs has been sacked as St Mirren boss.The struggling Ladbrokes Premiership side have suffered three successive defeats and are second from bottom in the table.
Share Facebook Twitter Google + LinkedIn Pinterest Some soybeans were planted in Ohio Monday! Jakob Wilson from JCW Farms Partnership in Madison County wrote on Facebook:“Everyone keeps preaching we need to plant beans earlier and earlier! Well here’s our test trial in the ground on 3-19-18. Will be interesting to see how this 7.5 acres turns out! #plant18“This field was corn last year and stalks were hit with a Joker last fall. One pass was planted at 150k and one was variable rate (from 130 to 165k).The beans were fully treated and also had ilevo on them. Soil temps were 40 degrees at 2 inches and 42 degrees at 4 inches.We will follow this field throughout the season to see how things turn out!
Why Tech Companies Need Simpler Terms of Servic… According to new guidelines from the Federal Trade Commission (FTC), bloggers who fail to disclose that they have received freebies when they write about a product can now be fined up to $11,000 per post. The new FTC Guide Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising argues that any post of a blogger who receives “cash or in-kind payment to review a product” should be considered an endorsement. Because these posts are now officially considered endorsements, bloggers who receive freebies must now disclose this fact on their site. Freebies and the Independent BloggerWhile the FTC will obviously have a hard time enforcing these regulations, there can be no doubt that marketers regularly approach independent bloggers (and especially mommy bloggers) with freebies. When bloggers accept these exchanges, they may not always disclose them in the posts that result. So, while bloggers who are involved in these schemes often tend to say that they would have reviewed the product anyway or that their reviews are often critical, there can be little doubt that payments and freebies influence these stories.These new rules and rather large fines should bring some bloggers and marketers into line, though others will surely continue to push the ethical boundaries. And blogging Payola is unlikely to go away completely because of these new rules. This marks the first time the FTC has updated endorsement and testimonial rules since 1980. The new rules also take on celebrity endorsements. If celebrities endorse a product and make false or unsubstantiated claims, or don’t disclose ‘material connections’ between themselves and the advertisers in ads and outside the context of the ads (talk shows, social media, etc.), these celebrities can be held liable under the FTC Act. Judging from this, it would seem that celebrities who tweet about a product they endorse are now risking large fines.091005endorsementguidesfnnotice Related Posts A Web Developer’s New Best Friend is the AI Wai… 8 Best WordPress Hosting Solutions on the Market Tags:#news#NYT#web frederic lardinois Top Reasons to Go With Managed WordPress Hosting
Google has acquired Bump, the application that lets users touch devices to share files and information and one of the top 25 best-selling iPhone apps of all time. Bump and Flock, the collaborative photo sharing service it founded last year, will continue to maintain their services but the company said users should stay tuned for future updates.The terms of the deal were not disclosed. It’s unclear why the tech giant scooped up the five-year-old startup, but Google could have acquired Bump for its easy-to-use file-sharing technology as a response to Apple’s AirDrop, which is integrated into iOS 7. Earlier this month, we sat down with Bump founder David Lieb, who told us the secret to Bump’s success. “I don’t have to think about anything, I just bump the phones together and it works—that’s what’s allowed Bump to get so big,” he said. “It’s just dead simple.”That simplicity could be exactly what Google is looking for. Top Reasons to Go With Managed WordPress Hosting Related Posts Tags:#Bump#Google A Web Developer’s New Best Friend is the AI Wai… Why Tech Companies Need Simpler Terms of Servic… selena larson 8 Best WordPress Hosting Solutions on the Market
Google Maps image locates Haripura village in Rajasthan’s Bundi district. On the intervention of the team of officers, the villagers agreed to revoke the edict and allowed the girl to enter her house. However, she had to undergo “purification”.Rajasthan Commission for Protection of Child Rights Chairperson Manan Chaturvedi visited the village on Thursday and asked the District Child Welfare Committee to file an FIR against the khap members. The police on July 12 registered a First Information Report (FIR) against ten members of a khap panchayat, who had made a five-year-old girl sit alone outside her house in the Haripura village of Bundi district from July 3 as punishment for breaking the egg of a bird considered sacred by the local Hindu community.Hindus in the Hadoti region of southeastern Rajasthan consider the Red-wattled lapwing (Vanellus indicus) auspicious and ‘divinely inspired’ because they predict the monsoon from its egg-laying patterns.A flukeThe girl, who went to school for the first time on July 2, was standing in a queue to receive milk distributed as part of the mid-day meal scheme, and accidentally crushed the bird egg. The Class I student’s ‘sin’ created panic in the village and the khap panchayat convened a meeting, in which it passed an edict that the girl would not be allowed to enter her house for three days, and remain in a hut in the backyard.When the girl’s father, Hukum Chand Raigar, a 35-year-old Dalit daily wage labourer, protested against the diktat, the khap panchayat members extended the duration of the child’s punishment to 11 days.The matter came to light on Wednesday when some revenue and police officers visited Haripura. They also learnt that Mr. Raigar had been forced to distribute five kilos of namkeen (snacks) and lentils in the village as a fine.
Veteran Congress leader Tarun Gogoi on Friday asked the BJP-led Central government to make it clear why the final NRC would be scrapped, when the saffron Party had taken all the credit and promised to deport 40 lakh illegal immigrants after its draft was published. Mr. Gogoi, former Chief Minister of Assam, also alleged that Union Home Minister Amit Shah’s announcement to carry out the National Register of Citizens (NRC) process across India is a tactic to divert people’s attention from the real issues of the country. “The Centre should clarify on what basis the updated final NRC in Assam will be scrapped. When the first draft of the NRC was published, the BJP had taken all the credit and promised to detect and deport 40 lakh illegal foreigners,” he told a press conference here. The part publication of draft NRC was done on the midnight of December 31, 2017, and the complete draft was published on July 30, 2018. The names of 40.07 lakh applicants did not find a place in that document. The exercise was carried out under the supervision of the Supreme Court. The updated final NRC which validates bonafide Indian citizens of Assam was released on August 31 this year excluding names of over 19 lakh applicants in the State. Amit Shah on Wednesday announced in the Rajya Sabha that the NRC would be updated again in the State along with the rest of the country. On the same day, senior Assam Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma said the State government has requested Mr. Shah to dismiss the NRC in its current form. “It is just another tactic of the BJP government to divert the attention of the people from the real issues such as unemployment, economic slowdown, inflation, black money, corruption, Rafale deal and even electoral bonds which is nothing but a scam,” Mr. Gogoi claimed. He said the BJP-led government has failed to work out an error-free NRC in a small State such as Assam with a population of only 3 crore. “How can the people expect that Mr. Shah will be able to prepare an NRC for entire India with a population of 130 crore?” the three-time Chief Minister of Assam asked. “The NRC will become a futile exercise once the BJP enacts the Citizenship (Amendment) Bill. The Assam Accord will also become null and void. So, instead of preparing a fresh NRC in Assam, they can rectify the mistakes in the final NRC,” Mr. Gogoi said. Debabrata Saikia, leader of the Opposition in Assam Assembly and a Congress leader, on Thursday claimed that the BJP wants a fresh NRC update without the supervision of the Supreme Court, as it wants to exclude a section of genuine Indian citizens from the religious minority community and include illegal migrants from a linguistic minority group. Assam, which had faced an influx of people from Bangladesh since the early 20th century, is the only State having an NRC, which was first prepared in 1951.