Thousands attend parades in Donegal

first_img Facebook Pinterest Previous articleCalls for a new investigation into the 1981 murder of woman in DerryNext articleAnger as Derry barracks excluded from gifting process News Highland Facebook Twitter Three factors driving Donegal housing market – Robinson Guidelines for reopening of hospitality sector published Help sought in search for missing 27 year old in Letterkenny Twitter NPHET ‘positive’ on easing restrictions – Donnelly Calls for maternity restrictions to be lifted at LUH By News Highland – March 17, 2011 center_img Thousands attend parades in Donegal Google+ Pinterest RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR 448 new cases of Covid 19 reported today WhatsApp WhatsApp News Google+ Thousands of people have been attending St Patrick’s Day Parades across Donegal, with the largest taking place in Letterkenny.The overall prize at the Letterkenny Parade was won by Lurgybrack Open Farm, the best float award went to Encore Performing Arts Academy, and the Letterkenny 400 Historical Prize sponsiored by the Town Council went to Letterkenny Gaels.The Sport Award went to St Eunans, the Youth Award to Letterkenny Commmunity Gymnastics Club, the Dabce Award to Fox and Crew, the Community Award to Letterkenny CDP, the Best Band Award to Fanad Accordian Band and the Carnival Award to Port na Failte.last_img read more

Continue Reading

Donegal IFA deny that potatoes are being sold at excessive prices

first_img LUH system challenged by however, work to reduce risk to patients ongoing – Dr Hamilton Previous articleInquest into the death of Donegal born journalist put backNext articleGroup of children rescued in Portnoo after getting into difficulty swimming News Highland RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Google+ Twitter The Irish Farmers Association in Donegal are denying that potatoes are being sold for more than they should be.It’s been claimed today that a bag of potatoes weighing 7lbs cost 5 euro, that’s at least 2 euro more than the same bag could be bought for in most shops.It was also claimed that these excessive prices could put the public off buying directly from farmers.But Charlie Doherty from the Donegal IFA, says this must have been an isolated case..[podcast]http://www.highlandradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/char530.mp3[/podcast] Pinterest Donegal IFA deny that potatoes are being sold at excessive prices Business Matters Ep 45 – Boyd Robinson, Annette Houston & Michael Margey By News Highland – August 2, 2012 WhatsApp Newscenter_img Guidelines for reopening of hospitality sector published Facebook Almost 10,000 appointments cancelled in Saolta Hospital Group this week Google+ Calls for maternity restrictions to be lifted at LUH Facebook Pinterest Twitter WhatsApp Need for issues with Mica redress scheme to be addressed raised in Seanad alsolast_img read more

Continue Reading

IBAL confirms Letterkenny will be included in 2014 litter league

first_img Almost 10,000 appointments cancelled in Saolta Hospital Group this week Guidelines for reopening of hospitality sector published Google+ By News Highland – May 6, 2014 Twitter Facebook LUH system challenged by however, work to reduce risk to patients ongoing – Dr Hamilton WhatsApp Google+ Irish Business Against Litter says there are concerns at what effect the abolition of town councils will have on cleanliness in Irish towns, after 80% of towns included in last year’s litter league were found to be clean to European norms.That list included, Letterkenny, which IBAL has confirmed will be included in this years’s league which was launched this morning.For 2014, IBAL is expanding the inspections to include important link roads between towns, including the road from Lifford to Letterkenny.Spokesperson Conor Horgan says it makes sense to do so………Audio Playerhttp://www.highlandradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/iballaunch2014.mp300:0000:0000:00Use Up/Down Arrow keys to increase or decrease volume. Twitter Business Matters Ep 45 – Boyd Robinson, Annette Houston & Michael Margey center_img RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR WhatsApp News Pinterest Calls for maternity restrictions to be lifted at LUH Previous articleICSA invites candidates to debate farmers’ issuesNext articleDonegal’s top earning councillor made 92K over the last two years News Highland Pinterest Facebook IBAL confirms Letterkenny will be included in 2014 litter league Need for issues with Mica redress scheme to be addressed raised in Seanad alsolast_img read more

Continue Reading

Inishowen cross-border out of hours GP service not being used

first_img Twitter Minister McConalogue says he is working to improve fishing quota Google+ Twitter By News Highland – June 4, 2010 RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Pinterest Google+ Previous articleIncrease recorded in those signing on in DonegalNext articleDonegal motorists urged urged to extra careful over Bank Holiday weekend News Highland Facebook Dail hears questions over design, funding and operation of Mica redress scheme Pinterestcenter_img Inishowen cross-border out of hours GP service not being used Man arrested in Derry on suspicion of drugs and criminal property offences released Facebook There are fears that a pilot cross border out of hours GP doctor service in Inishowen could be removed if more people do not avail of the service.While a similar scheme in the south of the county has proved very popular there has been a low uptake for the service in border villages in the north of the county.Seneator Cecilia Keaveney is blaming this on a lack of awareness and has welcomed a committment from those who run it to address that issue.[podcast]http://www.highlandradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/keav1pm.mp3[/podcast] 70% of Cllrs nationwide threatened, harassed and intimidated over past 3 years – Report Need for issues with Mica redress scheme to be addressed raised in Seanad also Dail to vote later on extending emergency Covid powers WhatsApp WhatsApp Newsx Advertslast_img read more

Continue Reading

Buncrana Town Council Budget passed in under an hour

first_imgNews Facebook Google+ Previous articleJudge upholds decision to block Christmas night opening for most clubsNext article23 year-old Warrenpoint man sentenced for possessing indecent images of children News Highland Twitter Twitter PSNI and Gardai urged to investigate Adams’ claims he sheltered on-the-run suspect in Donegal Facebook Buncrana Town Council Budget passed in under an hour HSE warns of ‘widespread cancellations’ of appointments next week WhatsApp Man arrested in Derry on suspicion of drugs and criminal property offences released center_img Google+ By News Highland – December 21, 2012 Pinterest RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR WhatsApp Dail to vote later on extending emergency Covid powers 365 additional cases of Covid-19 in Republic Pinterest Man arrested on suspicion of drugs and criminal property offences in Derry Buncrana Town Council has passed its budget for 2013.Town Cllrs and Management met this afternoon to formally pass the budget, with a freeze on commercial rates one of the key features agreed.The Budget totals just over 3 million euro.Speaking to Highland Radio News at the meeting, Town manager John McLaughlin said the Town Council is working hard to maintain services with less money and staff:[podcast]http://www.highlandradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/jmc530BUNC.mp3[/podcast]last_img read more

Continue Reading

Donegal Town by-pass reopens following fatal crash

first_img Main Evening News, Sport and Obituaries Tuesday May 25th 365 additional cases of Covid-19 in Republic Pinterest Google+ Twitter Twitter Man arrested on suspicion of drugs and criminal property offences in Derry WhatsApp RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Facebook Donegal Town by-pass reopens following fatal crash Newscenter_img Facebook Google+ Pinterest Previous articleThree men questioned following Omagh assaultNext articlePizza delivery man shot in paramilitary style attack in Derry News Highland Further drop in people receiving PUP in Donegal The Donegal Town by-pass has reopened,  following a two-car collision happened just after 4pm yesterday in which one man lost his life.The man, who was in his sixties hasn’t yet been named by gardai, but he was from Limerick and had just arrived in Donegal for a wedding this weekend.Three other people sustained minor injuries. WhatsApp By News Highland – October 23, 2010 75 positive cases of Covid confirmed in North Gardai continue to investigate Kilmacrennan firelast_img read more

Continue Reading

19 year-old woman being question over Derry stabbing

first_img 365 additional cases of Covid-19 in Republic Twitter 19 year-old woman being question over Derry stabbing RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Google+ Gardai continue to investigate Kilmacrennan fire Facebook WhatsApp Google+ Pinterest Further drop in people receiving PUP in Donegal Twittercenter_img 75 positive cases of Covid confirmed in North Newsx Adverts Pinterest Main Evening News, Sport and Obituaries Tuesday May 25th Man arrested on suspicion of drugs and criminal property offences in Derry WhatsApp Previous articleDeputy McConalogue wants state to apologise to abuse victimsNext articleTwo men being questioned over fatal road traffic collision News Highland Detectives in Derry are appealing for information following a stabbing incident at a house in the Barnewall Place area of the city on Saturday.Police were called to the scene shortly before midnight to find a 25 year old woman with multiple stab injuries.She is currently in hospital being treated for her injuries which are not thought to be life threatening at this stage.A 19 year old woman was arrested a short time later on suspicion of attempted murder and is currently in custody helping police with their enquiries. Facebook By News Highland – December 12, 2011 last_img read more

Continue Reading

Heritage Week begins with over 90 events in Donegal

first_imgNews Further drop in people receiving PUP in Donegal Google+ Gardai continue to investigate Kilmacrennan fire Previous articleKN Network Services which employed Dessie Quinn pays tributeNext articleCouncillor questions motivation of Bunbeg Cliff Rescue closure admin Facebook RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Pinterest Heritage Week begins with over 90 events in Donegal Twitter By admin – August 23, 2014 365 additional cases of Covid-19 in Republic center_img Pinterest WhatsApp Facebook Over 400-thousand people are expected to take part in National Heritage Week which kicks off this morning.18-hundred events are taking place up and down the country – the majority of which are free to attend.Over 90 events will take place in Donegal, exploring the architectural, environmental and cultural heritage of the county.Isabelle Smyth is spokesperson for the Heritage Council……….Audio Playerhttp://www.highlandradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/smythsat.mp300:0000:0000:00Use Up/Down Arrow keys to increase or decrease volume. Main Evening News, Sport and Obituaries Tuesday May 25th Twitter 75 positive cases of Covid confirmed in North WhatsApp Google+ Man arrested on suspicion of drugs and criminal property offences in Derry last_img read more

Continue Reading

‘Matter Of Govt Policy’: Madras HC Dismisses Plea For Reduction In Salary Of Government Servants [Read Order]

first_imgNews Updates’Matter Of Govt Policy’: Madras HC Dismisses Plea For Reduction In Salary Of Government Servants [Read Order] Akshita Saxena27 April 2020 1:45 AMShare This – xThe Madras High Court last week refused to order a reduction in salaries of Government employees during the lockdown period, while holding that the same is a matter of government policy. A division bench comprising of Justice M. Sathyanarayanan and Justice M.Nirmal Kumar was hearing a PIL filed by K. Amsa Kannan, 12th Ward Union Councilor of Thiruvannamali Panchayat…Your free access to Live Law has expiredTo read the article, get a premium account.Your Subscription Supports Independent JournalismSubscription starts from ₹ 599+GST (For 6 Months)View PlansPremium account gives you:Unlimited access to Live Law Archives, Weekly/Monthly Digest, Exclusive Notifications, Comments.Reading experience of Ad Free Version, Petition Copies, Judgement/Order Copies.Subscribe NowAlready a subscriber?LoginThe Madras High Court last week refused to order a reduction in salaries of Government employees during the lockdown period, while holding that the same is a matter of government policy. A division bench comprising of Justice M. Sathyanarayanan and Justice M.Nirmal Kumar was hearing a PIL filed by K. Amsa Kannan, 12th Ward Union Councilor of Thiruvannamali Panchayat Union, Thiruvannamalai. The Petitioner had contended that as a consequence of the lockdown, many Governments servants were not discharging their duties and it would be a colossal waste to pay them the full salary. She had thus sought a direction to the government of Tamil Nadu to deduct the payment of salary from the government servants. The Petitioner further contended that her request was not an alien one, considering the fact that various state governments viz. the states of Telangana, Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Odissa, Chattisgarh and Uttarkhand had already ordered reduction of certain percentage of the salary from the government servants. However refusing indulgence in the matter, the bench said, “In the considered opinion of the Court, the prayer sought for by the petitioner cannot be granted for the reason that the policy decision in this regard, is left with the State Government and this Court cannot issue a positive direction towards deduction of the portion of the salary.” The court also refused to make a direction to the state government to consider the Petitioner’s representation in this behalf and remarked, “The petitioner is neither having a statutory or legal right to compel the State Government to take a decision in this regard.” Case Details: Case Title: K. Amsa Kannan v. Govt. of Tamil Nadu Case No.: WP No. 7505/2020 Quorum: Justice M. Sathyanarayanan and Justice M. Nirmal Kumar Appearance: Advocate N. Mahendra Babu (for Petitioner); Government Pleader V. Jayaprakash Narayanan (for State) Click Here To Download Order Read order Next Storylast_img read more

Continue Reading

Delhi Court Dismisses Application For Ex-parte Injunction against Netflix To Stop Airing of Web-series ”Hasmukh”

News UpdatesDelhi Court Dismisses Application For Ex-parte Injunction against Netflix To Stop Airing of Web-series ”Hasmukh” Press Trust of India29 April 2020 10:05 AMShare This – xA Delhi court Tuesday dismissed an application seeking ex-parte injunction against Netflix from showing web series Hasmukh , saying any artistic expression in any artistic work has to be seen in the context of the work itself . Additional District and Sessions Judge Amitabh Rawat said there was no reason to restrain Netflix Entertainment Services India LLP from airing the…Your free access to Live Law has expiredTo read the article, get a premium account.Your Subscription Supports Independent JournalismSubscription starts from ₹ 599+GST (For 6 Months)View PlansPremium account gives you:Unlimited access to Live Law Archives, Weekly/Monthly Digest, Exclusive Notifications, Comments.Reading experience of Ad Free Version, Petition Copies, Judgement/Order Copies.Subscribe NowAlready a subscriber?LoginA Delhi court Tuesday dismissed an application seeking ex-parte injunction against Netflix from showing web series Hasmukh , saying any artistic expression in any artistic work has to be seen in the context of the work itself . Additional District and Sessions Judge Amitabh Rawat said there was no reason to restrain Netflix Entertainment Services India LLP from airing the web-series.The application filed through lawyer Abhay Gupta claimed that the show contained derogatory remarks against advocates.The court, in its order, said that the remarks were general in nature and not made against Gupta in particular.In a free and democratic society, there is freedom of speech and expression. If a particular comedy web series ‘Hasmukh’ makes any remarks, it has to be read and seen in the context of artistic expression, comedy or satire and not taken literally to contend that lawyers are being abused, it said.It added that law is a noble profession and so are the lawyers but Gupta cannot contend that he is defamed as he is a lawyer and certain expression has been used in a web series against the lawyers in general.Any artistic expression in any artistic work has to be seen in the context of the work itself. Thus, there is no reason for allowing the prayer of the plaintiff (Gupta) directing the defendant (Netflix) to stop showing the said web series Hasmukh . Since there is no prima facie case or balance of convenience in favour of the plaintiff, hence, the present application is dismissed, the court said.Gupta had sought ex-parte interim injunction against the online content streaming platform from airing the show Hasmukh .He claimed that the show, especially Episode 4, contained certain remarks which defamed lawyers.In the web series, the lawyers are stated to be thieves, scoundrels, goons and have been addressed as rapist , the application alleged. The advocate further claimed that he was hurt by the highly defamatory remarks and has also sent a notice to Netflix India to stop airing the web series. PTI URD UK Subscribe to LiveLaw, enjoy Ad free version and other unlimited features, just INR 599 Click here to Subscribe. All payment options available.loading….Next Story read more

Continue Reading